Monday, October 8, 2007

Pata de Perro...the beginning

I am not going to begin by trying to detail my life story, simply by explaining the basis for the title of this blog. Pata de Perro (dog foot) is the way my mother refers to me when she hears the words, "I'll be back..." this is many times followed by "Sunday night; next week; or in some cases in a couple of weeks". I'll admit it I like to run around. I enjoy being on the road whether it is driving, flying or simply walking. I remember sitting in the bus station at 15 waiting for a bus to the bay area. I got a couple of odd stares from passersby on occasions. I was even asked once if I was a runaway. "No" I said, "I am going to see my aunt". And easy as that I hopped on the bus and headed out of town. Few times was I afraid of getting lost. In fact, I have on occasion wandered into areas I've never been to and gotten lost only to see if I can find my way back or simply to keep a mental tab of where those streets lead. I'd like to think that somewhere in the back of my mind I have many places mapped out just in case I ever need them. So when Bill proposed that I join him on the Carrera Panamericana in 2004 as his navigator, I couldn't say no. Now in a couple of weeks, we will be participating in our 2nd Carrera and my stomach is already turning.

http://lacarrerapanamericana.com.mx/













Tighten your seat belt, fasten your helmet and hang on.

We are gonna take you for a ride through some of the most beautiful cities and towns in Mexico.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far so good... i like it, Pata de Perro :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

and what a co-piloto she was ! We would not have done so well without her skills. I have been working on the 550 Spyder daily and will be leaving on October 17th with both cars and a 28 ft trailer. Still many things to take care of. Adriana went to Wine Country Motorsports and decided on the Vintage Race suit by Sparco. They are top of the line three layer suits yet still have the vintage racer look. Hope to send pictures soon.

Anonymous said...

Adriana - Moises Gutierrez has some cool friends and you are one of them. Buena suerte, patiperro, that is the way we say that in Chile. Juan Duran

Anonymous said...

sounds like a lot of fun.
can't wait to see pictures
good luck

vaya con Dios

Anonymous said...

Sweet! this sounds like a lot of fun. i wish u the best of luck on your adventure. i'm jealous....it makes me want to race my mustang too. enrique a

Anonymous said...

Well, Adriana is in Tequila and I do not know how to post to her site so I will just post to it as "anonimo". We are in Nuevo Laredo with the cars. It was almost 40 hours of driving to get here...a tire blow out, a few electrical problems and a very short off highway excursion due to driver fatigue but we are here. Tomorrow we drive to San Miguel de Allende for the night to meet with the other prticipants and drive on to Oaxaca. Not many problems importing the cars, truck and trailer..just time to go thru the beauracracy. All is good and the local people are very enthusiastic about the cars.

Bill